Wednesday 27 April 2011

Inspired by Red Valerian, Aldeburgh Beach

Not having painted much over the past two months I decided that today I would warm myself & my brushes up by working on a familiar subject I really enjoyed painting last year.
I was working on watercolour paper but when I found I had squeezed out too much Yellow Ochre, rather than waste the paint, I decided I would quickly underpaint a canvas which I could paint something over some other day...

...however I soon became quite fascinated by the marks I was making using my lovely 1.5" brush.
By using the same colours I have used throughout my original painting (as yet unfinished) I appear to have created my first 'abstract' painting based on the sky, sea, beach and red valerian blooms at Aldeburgh!


Acrylic on canvas
30cm x 30cm

No comments:

Post a Comment